The Bitter Sweet

The birth of Poshdii

Chapter 1

First piece

There was no need for labor pains, for I already knew the face of pain. Poshdii was born, in the face of pain. She tried to cry like every new born would when they meet the earth for the first time but bitterness flowed on her deserted eyes, leaving traces of anger and hate. That is me, see i laid eyes on life for the first time as Poshdii and this time I found life to have lost its personality. For once, life was good, life was a blessing. But this time my eyes saw life to be an ever steeping hill and a continuously burning fire. I escaped reality. I made me after being fearfully and wonderfully made. I named me after being named Precious.

The birth of Poshdii Hilson is and it began immediately when I made a fake Identity Document. I made it, I cheated the law to make me! “Hi, my name is Cassie!” said a young girl seated next to me in a bus on my way to Roselood where the Poshdii made was accepted to be a medical student. You know... in life, when we meet people, either we greet them or not, a relationship is created with them. I looked at Cassie and smiled even when it was obviously fake then offered my hand for a hand shake and said “nice to meet you, my name is Prec… I mean Poshdii” then I looked away trying to avoid a conversation.

Then I tried to steal her with my eyes but found her face shining with smiles, then the corners of my mouth dropped when I was reminded of the happiness I was robbed. For the sky thing came in like a thief, stole from me the only thing I called family. I looked out the window and silently talked to him who is always to be. “Tomorrow, I worry about you. I tried reading my history books to know you. Now tell me… should I pack my bags to leave you or carry myself to meet you? Tomorrow… are you so bright or shall I prepare a candle for you. Are you so kind of shall I save up my smiles for you. I have cried about all my tears now, for I am trying to dry up my eyes for you. Tomorrow please be kind!”

Then thoughts put me to sleep until Cassie ruined it by calling me “Posh! Poshdii!” she said while shaking me, I turned my face, visibly annoyed then her calm face continued “sorry to wake you up but I thought you might need something to eat. The bus stops here for a break” said her. Then I allowed Poshdii to be no different to Precious, I looked at her then looked away without a say. She left the bus and came back with a drink which she offered me. Then I was surprised to have met someone of patience and kindness. She was a happy soul. Maybe because she haven’t met the sky thing, that’s where we change for the worst. I was once a happy soul too!

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bitter Sweet

The Bitter Sweet

The Bitter Sweet