The Bitter Sweet

The birth of poshdii

Chapter 1 continue...

Third piece

For a moment there, i thought life was friendlier to Poshdii than Precious because for as long as I called myself Poshdii I was able to truly love again. Christopher was my first boyfriend but i couldnt help but picture his as my true love. Little did i know that true love is a theory of some old notion, they said it was not supposed to leave I felt mine in motion. So I needed to take caution and learn that life is a lesson so I had to take notes.

A dinner date we had. Flowers on the table but butterflies in my stomach. All was well until he tasted like spoiled milk. He spoke while i became bitter but I sweetly smiled as he continued to speak. He said... "I am so sorry Poshdii but it is over, I can not date you if I can not even touch you." I was confused because I strongly believe  that love is not something we can run out of, so when he said those words "its over" I realized that it was not there from the beginning.

He tricked me into believing in him and I foolishly allowed him to crown me with his lies while keeping me in his smiles, stealing something from my eyes. But it was the time that the buried truth be brought back to life, it became the kind of ghost that set visions clear to my eyes and I saw Christopher for who he really was. He was just a chance taking a shot at love. He is guided by his head, not his heart and such people deserve no love.

The picture of seeing him waking out of my life lied my heart to a relief. They say the first heart break is the most painful one, so painful that it can make one weak on their knees but I was standing high. I felt like glasses get broken not our hearts. The problem with us is that, we consider ourselves dumbed after such events. For as long as we are Dumped, we will never realize our worth.

Our meal became spoiled right in front of us. Nature became the kind of excuse I used to leave the table. I vamoosed to the toilet to relief myself. My narrow focus didn't pay attention so the debts came for me when I heard a manly voice rising. I slowly opened the door and there stood a guy. Our eyes met and we greeted each other with screaming voices. "What do u want here??" I yelled, self-convinced that the guy shouldn't be in that room. He angrily responded, walking away "learn to read! This is a man's room!" Not only was that day disappointing but embarrassing as well.

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bitter Sweet

The Bitter Sweet