The Bitter Sweet

Taking a risk in love

Chapter 2

Forth piece

Another dawn, the varsity escort finally arrived, my bags backed up and I was ready to go. I was the last foot to step on the full bus and the only chair left was the one next to the guy I met yesterday at the men's room I confused to be the ladies'  “Sorry about yesterday " I greeted him with an apology. His blue eyes stared for seconds then finally his face granted me a smile with his gestures offering me a seat. "It is okay, we all make mistakes and you are not an exception!" He said.  His smile was more than a facial expression, it was bright enough to let my bitter heart ease.

His blue eyes became a window to his soul and i saw inside, a part of me. Suddenly I felt something weird, I ran out of air, my body froze and the only sound I could hear was my sprinting heartbeat, the only picture I saw was my self alone in the bus. Split a second it stopped leaving me in amazement. "Are you okay?" The guy asked. "Yes!" I lied with my stomach in pain. "My name is Trey. Trey brix" he calmly introduced himself then he brought forward his hands, silently asking for a hand shake, from then our actions spoke louder than our voices. He was like a friend I haven't seen in years.

The day past and the night grew older. The snoring sounds became familiar to my ears, they were like a lullaby I was denied and I slept too. The next thing I found myself in flames, the seat belt betrayed me. It was said to keep me out of trouble but it didn’t, instead it got me in trouble. I screamed "Help! Help! I'm stuck! Help!" The smoke made no room for air and the only thing I remember is the dead driver’s helpless stare. Eyes closed and silence moved in my ears.

Later I woke up and my mind was washed "where are we?" I desperately tried to remember. "Posh! Are you alright?" Called a voice beside me, I widely opened my small eyes and turned my face. There stood a dark haired boy slowly brushing my hair. "Are we in heaven?" I asked with my eyes upon such beauty but he answered "no! You are still on earth, we had a terrible accident and we are waiting for the ambulance" "so you saved me?" I asked with my face turning red then his head nodded in agreement and there he was... My prince charming.

Normally I think before I talk but this time, not I but a voice within said "I love ..." I winced then tried again. “I think ... “then Trey looked expectedly at me, I continued “I ... Love ... You!" sadly I trailed off as I lost the fight to stay awake.  He cried “Posh! POSH! THEN gently shook me “Posh! Posh! Posh!"  But his voice grew further away from me. After a while of total black out I heard Trey walking in, there I was lying on the hospital bed. I sensed that the thought of what I had to say stayed on his mind. He couldn't help it but beg of me to wake up.

Yes! I was tying! I was trying to open my eyes, I was trying to move my hands. But I felt like I was paralyzed, for the first time I felt what it was like to be Grandma. I still remember back in wintervelt, Immediately after THE SKY THING, grandma said no word up until the current date.  That day I walked in and saw her helplessly lying down, paralyzed.

I took her to the doctors whom said , with a doubt that granny was suffering from post traumatic stress, they summarized the whole thing and called it a temporary condition! No wonder diseases are banished from heaven, like Mr Fleming they are cruel. Their hearts are filled with hate, anger covers their eyes like snow and pain smiles and waves at their every dawn. Darkness is the only light that penetrates their hearts and they cannot speak kindness because revenge is their only vocabulary.

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bitter Sweet

The Bitter Sweet